Parents need to know: how to fight your baby’s cold
Guide: Baby’s cold is a common phenomenon, and it is also a concern for parents. So how to maintain a baby’s cold?
Here is a comprehensive introduction for everyone, including the causes and symptoms of colds, the duration of colds, treatment methods and home care instructions.
Parents, let’s learn how to take care of your baby after having a cold.
80% of causes and symptoms of a baby’s cold?
90% of colds are caused by viruses, and there are 200 kinds of viruses that can cause colds; accounting for 10%?
20% of colds are caused by bacteria.
Babies under 1 year old are more likely to catch a cold because their immune system is not yet mature.
Children need to get 5 a year?
Six colds are relatively common.
Typical symptoms of a cold include runny nose, runny nose, cough, sore throat, tiredness, lack of appetite, and fever.
Babies under the age of 1 often have fever (temperature above 38 ° C), cough, red eyes, sore throat, and runny nose.
Babies with a cold often experience decreased appetite.
Babies within 6 months often have difficulty feeding and breathing because they have not yet been able to breathe with their nose completely blocked.
The duration of the baby’s cold is average. The cold will last 7?
For 10 days, a baby can sometimes be around 2 weeks.
Cough is often the latest symptom that disappears, and it often lasts for weeks.
Toddlers who often play with older children usually get 6 a year?
10 colds; even a runny nose all winter.
When will my baby see a doctor after having a cold?
If your baby has a cold within 3 months, you should take him to the doctor immediately.
Nervous baby, you should take him to the hospital as soon as one of the following conditions occurs: cold lasts for more than 5 days; body temperature exceeds 39 ℃; baby has ear pain; difficulty breathing; persistent cough;Snot.
How to treat a baby’s cold: 1. Take your baby to the hospital. The doctor often asks the baby to perform some tests so that you can know the cause of the cold.
2. If it is viral influenza and there is no specific medicine, the main thing is to take good care of the baby and alleviate the symptoms. Generally, pass 7?
Just 10 days.
3. If it is caused by bacteria, the doctor often prescribes some antibiotics to the baby. Be sure to take the medicine on time and according to the dose.
Some mothers often increase the dosage of their medicines in order to make their children get better sooner. This is absolutely impossible, otherwise it will not work as expected.
4. If your baby has a fever, follow the doctor’s prescription and take antipyretic medicine. The temperature is lower than 38.
5 ℃, do not take antipyretics.
Do not eat cold medicine indiscriminately.
Infants under the age of one year, eating cold medicines often causes more harm than good.
5. If the correction of the nose has caused the baby to have difficulty in feeding, you need to ask the doctor to prescribe a bit of saline nasal drops for you. After 15 minutes before feeding, you can use a nasal suction device to remove the salineAnd the mucus is aspirated.
Nasal drops can reduce sticky nose and make it easier to clean.
If the doctor allows, never give your child a nasal constriction or other medicine.
How to take care of a baby with a cold?
1. Full rest is very important for a cold and good rest. Try to let your child sleep more for a while, reduce outdoor activities appropriately, and don’t let your baby get tired.
2. Take good care of the baby’s diet and let the baby drink more water. The excess water can make the secretions in the nasal cavity thinner and easier to clean.
Let your baby eat more fruits and juices rich in vitamin C.
It is said that chicken soup can alleviate the symptoms of a cold, and it does not prevent the chicken soup from being boiled for the baby to drink a little.
Eat dairy products as little as possible, it can increase mucus secretion.
For babies with reduced appetite, mothers can prepare foods that are easy to digest and have good color and aroma.
3. Make your baby sleep more comfortably. If your baby’s nose is blocked, you can put one or two towels under the child’s mattress and raise it slightly to relieve nasal congestion.
Never let a baby under the age of two sleep directly on a pillow or under a mattress, as this can easily cause suffocation or damage to the cervical spine.
4. Help the baby to blow his nose. The baby is too young to blow his nose. The best way to let the baby breathe smoothly is to help his baby to blow his nose.
You can put a little petroleum jelly on your baby’s outer nostril, which can often reduce the complications of the nose. If the nose is thick, you can try using a nasal aspirator or twisting a medical cotton ball into a small stick and sticking out of the nose.If the snot has caused difficulty in feeding, you can drip your nose and nose with saline 15 minutes before feeding. After a while, use the nasal aspirator to suck out the saline and mucus in the nasal cavity, and your baby’s nose will be smooth.
5, keep the air moist You can use a humidifier to increase the humidity of the baby’s room, especially at night can help your baby to breathe more smoothly.
Don’t forget to clean the humidifier with white vinegar and water every day to avoid the accumulation of dust and germs.
6. Make a steam bath for your baby. Bring your baby to the bathroom with you, turn on the hot water or shower, close the door, and let the baby stay in the steam-filled house for 15 minutes. The baby’s nasal congestion will definitely improve.
Don’t forget to put on your baby’s dry clothes immediately after bathing.
If you let your baby play in slightly hot water for a while, it can also relieve the symptoms of nasal congestion and reduce body temperature.
Health Tip: If your baby has no symptoms other than stuffy nose, you need to take your baby to the ENT for a nasal examination.
Maybe you don’t know: even small babies can put things in the nasal cavity.